Credible Messenger Mentoring is a promising practice to divert youth from the juvenile justice system.
Shared Justice’s Transformative Justice Series
A Movement Poised to Transform Juvenile Justice
During January and February 2022, Shared Justice ran a series on Transformative Justice. This series explores one of the most urgent areas for reform within the juvenile justice system: juvenile probation. Focusing on promising practices in diversion and prevention, including Credible Messenger Mentoring, the series highlights opportunities for government and civil society to create a juvenile justice system that is more equitable, effective, and restorative.
Exploring Transformative Justice
- Building Community Capacity to Support Justice-Involved Youth: An Interview with Belinda Ramos
- Transformative Justice: A Conversation with Bishop Darren Ferguson
- Leading Justice Reform with Compassion: An Interview with Pastor Angel Maldonado
- Credible Messenger Mentoring: A Movement Poised to Transform Juvenile Justice
- Qualified Immunity and the Absence of Accountability in Policing
Right now, the United States is facing a maternal health crisis. Christians have the opportunity and duty to support policies, like extending Medicaid coverage to a full year after birth, that honor the dignity of pregnant women and their children.