Credible Messenger Mentoring is a promising practice to divert youth from the juvenile justice system.
Shared Justice’s Transformative Justice Series
A Movement Poised to Transform Juvenile Justice
During January and February 2022, Shared Justice ran a series on Transformative Justice. This series explores one of the most urgent areas for reform within the juvenile justice system: juvenile probation. Focusing on promising practices in diversion and prevention, including Credible Messenger Mentoring, the series highlights opportunities for government and civil society to create a juvenile justice system that is more equitable, effective, and restorative.
Exploring Transformative Justice
- Building Community Capacity to Support Justice-Involved Youth: An Interview with Belinda Ramos
- Transformative Justice: A Conversation with Bishop Darren Ferguson
- Leading Justice Reform with Compassion: An Interview with Pastor Angel Maldonado
- Credible Messenger Mentoring: A Movement Poised to Transform Juvenile Justice
- Qualified Immunity and the Absence of Accountability in Policing
Grace Capital City Church pastor Jessica Moerman and Operations and Justice Director Hannah Martha Cohen Banks join Emily Fromke to talk about their Creation Care Ministry and how the Church can encourage Christians to care about God’s Creation.
The Respect for Marriage Act, if it becomes law, would ensure that the federal government and every state will continue to honor same-sex marriages even if Obergefell is overturned, while providing religious freedom protections to faith-based organizations.
While ensuring a 100 percent clean energy economy and removing all man-made greenhouse emissions by 2050 is no small task, the state of our environment calls for immediate, even ambitious action. Youth in particular are aware of this, and they are taking a stand.